2.05.2007

Happy Birthday, Gipper.

When I was a little girl, I was in love with Ronald Reagan. I used to go up to the television screen and stroke the glass, always wishing that he would be my friend. In the twenty some years that have passed since then, my love has grown into a deep admiration. I credit his example of fiscal responsibility, budgeting, and optimism with significantly shaping my own financial (and personal) outlook.

Today, on the anniversary of his birth, I would like to honor him by posting just a few of his own words, which speak for themselves more clearly then I ever could.

“And I hope that someday your children and grandchildren will tell of the time that a certain president came to town at the end of a long journey and asked their parents and grandparents to join him in setting America on the course to the new millennium—and that a century of peace, prosperity, opportunity, and hope followed. So, if I could ask you just one last time: Tomorrow, when mountains greet the dawn, would you go out there and win one for the Gipper?”

0 Comments: