4.19.2007

DC Ethnic Food Guide

Admittedly, this is only loosely related to personal finance (though it does have to do with spending your money on quality things and getting good deals), but I found an excellent website today about the best ethnic restaurants in DC, written by a professor of economics at George Mason: Tyler Cowen's Ethnic Dining Guide. Mind you, I've heard the claim that DC has no soul, and to some extent, agree with it, but there are still some very good eats to be had at some authentic and cheap places.

The place on the list I'd most like to visit? Thai X-ing, which evidently only has one table and one cook. The review makes it sounds like an Asian food lover's paradise. I just need to convince someone that cramped and quaint are just two shades of the same color so they'll come with me.

0 Comments: