10.19.2006

Balance Transfers and Free Nanos

I hope I am not "cruisin' for a bruisin'" as my mother used to say with this offer from Bank of America. If you have any combinations of purchases or balance transfers over $2000 in the first three months, a free iPod 2 GB Nano is yours! Plus, a credit of $50 is applied to your first statement, which should cover the bulk of the 3% balance transfer fee if you decide (like I did) to travel that route.

I filled out the initial application, but was not instantly approved. This will be my first balance transfer/0% APR/invest the money in savings accounts foray, so I am interested how things will pan out. I will update this as this story unfolds.


December 20, 2006 Update:

Nano in hand (despite claims that it would take 10 weeks from statement close), $50 credit on statement, and calendar marked to pieces to remember the due date to repay my interest free loan. So far, a great experience. I would just note that I did call and speak with an agent at BoA, and he "put a note on my account," so I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't done that.

0 Comments: