10.23.2006

Juggling that Plastic

Yahoo Personal Fiance had a good article today about making the most out of your plastic. WARNING: This article only works for people who pay off their bill in whole every month. If you don't, skip this article.

There are so many great cards out there that serve a specific consumer niche, that it makes sense to capitalize on them. Currently, I have one "favored" card that gets me 5% cash back at grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores. I have a second card that yields 3% points, which can be used for cash or other things, at restaurants, office supply stores, and a few other places. Between groceries and eating out, an Old Navy card (good at Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic) that gets 5% back, I have covered most of my personal non-bill expenditures.

Credit card companies are looking at for their own best interests. Might as well beat them at their own game.

0 Comments: